Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"The Newness"



Have you ever done something for so long that it just got kinda old? Almost to the point of you not wanting to do it at all, at least during that time? Well, I got to that point a few days ago. After designing non-stop for weeks, I was feeling drained, uninspired, uncreative, and stuck. Of course, there was a build-up to get this point. I realized it while working on a recent project. The only thing I did for almost 2 hours was stare at a blank computer screen..............(Btw, this is NOT A GOOD THING). It was definitely time to do something different.

I needed a break from the mundane.

I was looking to do something else. So, I looked in books and magazines for hours to find something to inspire me. Then, I ran across a really interesting illustration........It was the inspiration I needed. I immediately got brushes, paint, water, and everything else I needed. It had been a while since I've painted. I was excited to "get my feet wet" again. As soon as I started, I felt free and as I continued, I started to feel lighter. My vision seemed to even get clearer. It was THE NEWNESS. It felt really good. It may not last long at all. However, it got me out of the rut I was in and it allowed me to get re-inspired.

We all get into situations where life seems so "run of mill". At times when things seem stressful, tense, lifeless, stale, boring, etc. all we really need is a BREAK. Take time to re-energize yourself. You'll thank yourself. This is what came out of my break...

Kevin Sandbloom - Singer/Songwriter

Siphne - Artist/Musician

Jason Da Hater - Emcee






4 comments: