Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"A Peace of Light"


I am in a very inspired season in my life. I'm able to see importance in things that seemed to not get much of my attention at first. People, in general, have always been important to me. However, understanding how people become who they are is just as important, if not more important to me. It has become very intriguing. Not just people based on their immediate family structure, but over time from generation to generation, from century to century. I want to know how people have been transformed into what they are, and why they react to the things that make them "tick" or not want to do anything at all. History has a way of telling "stories", decode that anyway you want, about what has happened in the past. Much of that is based on where and when it was written, who it was written for, and why it was written the way it was.

For instance, the "story" of the Atomic Bomb in Hiroshima is told VERY different in the U.S. than it is in Japan. The U.S. is "told" that it was when America ended the war and won WWII. In Japan, it was when the U.S. destroyed the city of Hiroshima with the Atomic Bomb, left people deformed, diseased, and emotionally traumatized, and caused the many generations later to develop physical as well as mental defects. It's all in who you ask.

I'm highly fascinated by this power of voice and how it's used. This is why MEDIA is THE MOST INFLUENTIAL device on EARTH. It has become a MASTER of sorts. I don't want to become or stay enslaved to what I'm just TOLD. However, at the same time, I am somewhat fearful of the knowledge beyond what is seemingly forced-fed to me on a regular basis. I want to know more and understand, because I know that I don't. That is what sparks my curiosity. I know that I don't know or understand. Ironically, because I know the fact that I don't know or understand, I do know more and understand. Which is making me more receptive to the world around me and causing to me seek and find more information about my interest with people...However, this is all bias based on how I was raised and my beliefs.

That is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment